Project elements that were the top priorities of the community and will be included in the base bid of the project:
- LED Lighting – Upgrade existing light fixtures throughout the park with LED lighting.
- Light Poles – Additional light poles with LED lighting to provide additional security at night.
- Playground Renovation – Utilizes the existing playground poles and upgrade the panels and play elements.
- Irrigation and turf renovation (4 acres)
- Trees – Additional trees to replace fallen trees within the park.
- Benches – Additional benches throughout the park.
- Game table – table with build in pattern to play chess or checkers.
- Trash Cans – Additional trash cans where needed.
- Loop Trail Sign – New sign that provides the distance of the loop trail.
- New Par Course – Replace old par course with new ones. (6 stations).
- Drinking Fountains – Replace old drinking fountains.
- Trash Dumpster – New dumpster and enclosure with lockable gate.
Survey on Additional Project Elements
Depending on the amount of the bid received, there is a potential to fund additional project elements. At this time, we would like to gather community feedback on these additional improvements. Below are detailed descriptions of those potential additional improvements along with a ranked-choice survey question. Depending on the bid, these additional projects may or may not become part of the project.
- Drought tolerant landscaping (2 acres) – This landscaping would replace mulch areas under trees and unused turf grass. This type of landscaping would reduce irrigation needs in the park.
- Additional picnic area – This area would increase the existing amount of picnic area in the park. It would be first come first serve.
- Reservable picnic area – This area would increase the existing amount of picnic area in the park. It will be reservable.
- Skateboard area – This would be an area for skate boarding that would include small ramps, rails, and banks for skateboarding.
- Off leash dog area – This would be a fenced dog park for off leash dogs to run and play with other dogs. It would consist of a small and large dog area.
- Restroom renovation – Renovation of the existing rest room. May include paint, replacement of broken fixtures, repair other damage.
If you have any questions or additional comments please contact Jason Condit in the Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Services Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as, the District 1 Office at email@example.com.