Movie Projector Equipment Check-Out Policies and Procedures
The District 1 Leadership Group has established this check-out/return process for its outdoor movie equipment. Utilize this form to request check out of the equipment. Usage of the equipment is at the discretion of the District 1 Leadership Group and its’ Executive Board. Those wishing to check out the equipment must be a part of a neighborhood or community organization based in District 1. The equipment is maintained and stored by the District 1 Council Office.
Location: City Hall – 200 E Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113 (18th Floor)
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Contact: Phone: 408-535-4901 Email: [email protected]
- Users must request to reserve the equipment at least one week in advance by using the form below. Once the request has been approved by the District 1 Leadership Group, the District 1 Council Office will be notified. District 1 staff will contact the user to coordinate the equipment check-out. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Equipment check-out is for a maximum of 3 business days.
- Users and the District 1 office are responsible for checking the equipment for preexisting damages. Users should indicate any damages upon check-out.
- Users are responsible for making sure they have all the equipment they need before leaving.
- Users are responsible for any lost, stolen, and/or damaged items. Users are financially responsible for replacing any items that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- All equipment should be kept in the possession of the person who signed the check-out form. Another individual affiliated with the organization checking out the equipment may be tasked with returning it, but we ask that an email notifying the office that someone else has the permission to return the equipment. The signer of the check-out form is always responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
- Always keep equipment in proper cases and bags when not in use.
- If equipment is not working properly, please note the issues and report to the District 1 office. Never try to fix items on your own. Trying to fix items could result in more damages that then become the financial responsibility of the user.
- Returning equipment late or damaged could disqualify you from future usage.
Please note that all users are responsible for acquiring the movie and complying with any costs or licensing agreements needed for public viewing. Please click here for a recommended site that includes movies for all ages.